Southfield Christian School is seeking to hire a Kindergarten Teacher’s Assistant for the 2013-2014 school year. This position will serve as an assistant to the Kindergarten teacher in delivering innovative classroom instruction and learning-based activities with the end goal of helping students achieve subject matter competency and positive academic and spiritual growth.
- Some previous teaching experience in early childhood classroom
- Age appropriate and enthusiastic teaching style that engages young learners
- Ability to follow the flow of the day as described by classroom teacher
- Strong oral, relational and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a team
- Early Childhood Degree or Certification (Preferred)
- High School Diploma (Required)
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Genuine love and joy for working with young children
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist teacher in developing and fostering a creative, dynamic and sensory rich environment which sparks imagination and helps encourage learning
- Assist teacher in engaging students through curriculum and activities that reinforce the fun of learning and encourage all students to thrive
- Assist teacher in communicating with parents regarding logistics of kindergarten program
- Assist in managing classroom behavior in a loving but firm manner
- Assist teacher in working with students that struggle with academics or behavior
Work Schedule and Benefits:
- 10-month position
- 7:40 – 3:00 daily
- Vacation schedule coincides with students
- Sick days and personal days
To be considered for this posting, please submit both an Application (available below) and Resume to Mrs. Mary Ellen Alfredson, HR: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are available for reference and can be downloaded.
View a summary of benefits offered to full-time faculty and staff.