Southfield Christian School administers two financial aid programs designed to help families who need help in meeting tuition costs. The programs provide assistance to qualifying families who have been offered enrollment to Southfield Christian School. All applications are handled with strictest confidentiality. All awards are subject to the availability of funds.
SCS Tuition Assistance Program (DEADLINE is April 30th)
- Tuition Assistance is available for K – 12 students who have been offered enrollment to SCS. Families must be paid up on tuition and fees; must have completed the application process; and meet financial need requirements.
- Families who already receive a tuition discount may also apply for assistance. This includes, but is not limited to, SCS and HPBC staff, pastors, missionaries and full-time Christian workers.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Tuition Assistance must be requested each year. All 3 steps of the application process must be completed:
1. Submit the application Cover Sheet.
2. Parents must e-mail a Strategy Letter to the Business Manager (email@example.com) that explains the situation that causes them to apply for tuition assistance, including specific hardships and financial difficulties. It should also include specific strategies the family has employed to afford tuition (for example: eliminated family vacations, cut family activities, sold assets, borrowed money for tuition, etc.)
3. Parents also submit an online financial application to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment at: www.factstuitionaid.com . The data entered into this secure online program will be used to objectively analyze financial need and calculate a recommended “family contribution” toward tuition.
The SCS Finance Committee will use the letter and the FACTS Grant & Aid information to determine eligibility and amount to be awarded. All awards are subject to availability of funds. All applications are anonymous to the Finance Committee.
Tuition Assistance Application Deadlines:
Applications received by February 28th will be notified by March 22nd.
Applications received by March 31st will be notified by April 20th.
Applications received by April 30th will be notified by May 24th.
Once the committee has approved a scholarship, the Business Manager will notify the family in writing of the amount granted.
Student Benevolence Fund
Sometimes families encounter financial hardships during the school year after all tuition assistance has been granted. Such hardship usually involves severe or extenuating circumstances which cause a family to withdraw its student(s) from SCS because tuition payments are no longer feasible. The SCS Student Benevolence Fund allows donors to pay tuition for families who would otherwise withdraw from SCS. Contact the SCS Business Manager for details.