We consider a number of criteria for students applying for admission to Southfield Christian School, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Christian Faith – At least one parent (which in the case of divorced parents must be the parent with whom the student primarily resides) must be "born again" (that is, a follower of Jesus Christ who knows Him as their personal Savior). Additionally, high school students must also be “born again” and able to share their testimony.
- Christian Lifestyle – Students must come from a family that celebrates biblical values.
- The family's active participation in a local church is an important factor in granting admission. Families should be attending church services on a weekly basis (more often than not) for learning and growing in faith, but also for using the gifts God has given us to serve others.
- Parents and students are asked to adhere to the school's Lifestyle Statement, which includes biblically based standards and teachings regarding marriage, sexual immorality, gender identity and homosexual lifestyles.
- Personal Character - Both the student and parent's character, and reputation in the community, must be satisfactory and a desire to attend Southfield Christian School must be evident.
Upon admission to Southfield Christian School the parent and high school student will be deemed to have read and agree with Southfield Christian School's Doctrinal Statement, Vision, Mission, Philosophy and Lifestyle Statement, and that all matters pertaining to admission, retention, discipline, curriculum and biblical values will be determined in accordance with these statements, which are included with this application and can be found on the We Believe
page of our website.
Note: Prekindergarten students must be 4 years old by September 1st of the school year.